Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Interview: MDK is fresh, young and (from) Hungary

Boba continues his journey into the progressive and melodic depths of worldwide breakbeat

This week we have a chat and take a look at the rhythmical sounds of MDK. The fresh young talent coming out of Budapest has only had one release and one remix under his belt but is one to watch in the future.

Check out a future teaser production from MDK coming soon on Ridiculoud and a free cheeky download mash up of his awesome original release Our Plan on Digital Sensation UK with New Order's Jetstream.

  Interstellar Mission feat. Siegfried (clip) [RIDICULOUD] by M D K
  MDK vs. New Order - Our Jetstream Plan by c-Row

For the people who dont know you, who, were and what is MDK?
Hi everyone. I am a music producer from Hungary, Budapest. I am 25 years old, and I started making music in 2005.

What does MDK stand for?

The MDK name comes from my old favourite game.

Tell us a bit about your background outside of music?

I am looking for work currently and continue with my university studies in September. I like playing football and I am very interested in space research.

How long have you been making music and what made you start producing breakbeat?

I have been making music since 2005, and finished my first breakbeat track in 2010. This was a remix of Luqas - Replicant on Dead Famous.

You have a release on DSUK and a remix on Dead Famous. What else can we look forward to in the future from MDK?

In the future expect some more original and remixes. At the moment I am working on a Home Alone remix and an original track for Ridiculoud Records. I also have some stuff coming out on Scarcity and Distorsion Records.

There is some real special sounding music coming out of Hungary, Retroid, 9BO, Beatman and Ludmilla. Is the breakbeat sound reaching a lot of people in Hungary and what other producers should we be keeping an ear on?

The truth is they are the best Hungarian producers. But I would also include Aeron Aether and Krum. These guys are making awesome music!

What is your music studio set up?

I have two PCs, MNC speakers, a Behringer mixer, two Omnitronic 4250 turntables, two Stage Line CD-30DJs, and a Reloop rmx 20 mixer.

Which producers are you feeling right now and which artists have inspired you in the past?

My favourite producers. Hmm, it's a good question. This would be Beatman & Ludmilla, Eshericks, Deenk, Aggresivnes, Factorfunk, Fisso & Spark, Imprintz and KloƩ, Under This.

Three big breakbeat tunes you are feeling right now?

I have loved many many productions but my current top three is:

Refracture - Free Man (Eshericks remix)
Beatman & Ludmilla - In Breaks We Trust
Farace - Move on (Deenk remix)

Final words:
I am very grateful you gave a thought to me. I don't know what to say, but many thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment