Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Interview: Taken by Took's Favourite Things

Curl & Dean's Boba continues his journey into the progressive and melodic depths of worldwide breakbeat.

Brand new out on Glack Audio Recordings is the Hungarian born and raised fresh new talent, Took, giving us an atmospheric funk-fuelled progressive work out with My Favourite Things. The tune is like riding on an acid jazz breakbeat train, with punchy funk drums, dark melodic atmospherics and sweet sounding flutes. Also included in this package is That Sound, with flowing breaks and dark rumbling undertones. We finish off the package with an interesting deep twisted glitched out remix of My Favourite Things from Ruman. Below we have a little chat with Took, and you can check out his new release here.

GLAU015 // tOOk - my favorite things by tOOk
 
For the people who don't know you, who is Took?

Well my real name is Gabor Tukacs. I am a born and raised Hungarian, aged 27, coming from a musical family.

What's in store for us in the future?

I've been messing around 12 years or so with music and lately got to buy some decent gear and started to focus on my sound. For the last two years I have got into all kinds of music, so expect anything to happen. I do have a track I did with Aataks coming out on Scarcity in the future.

What is your studio set up, and what is your favourite piece of kit?

Currently I have an iMac running Ableton live, some midi stuff, and I used to visit my mate Aateks for hardware sounds. He's more of a hardware fan. I think nowadays there is a lot of potential in software - I have never been the hardware above everything type of person. I also have a pair of AKG K271s and a pair of Adam A5s for monitoring.

How would you describe your sound?

That's a good one, since I'm still in kind of an experimenting phase. If you hear from me later I hope you will see how much it has evolved.

What other breakbeat producers are you feeling right now and why?

At the moment my fellow Hungarian Aeron Aether - that guy just drops epic proportions of good music. I could not really pick one of his tunes as my favourite, but if I had to it would be Mesmer - Stereo Rainbow (Aeron Aether Remix), which is just killing me. To be honest I am a sucker for catchy melodies and the chord progressions he is writing are just A-ma-zing.

Final words from you?

Cheers for everyone for supporting me. Hopefully you will hear a lot more from me in the near future. Also absolutely huge thanks to my mate Ruman for delivering an awesome remix - you should hear more from him coming soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment