Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Interview: Smarter then the average Bubu

Curl & Dean's Boba continues his journey into the progressive and melodic depths of worldwide breakbeat

Over the last three months there has been a barrage of tunes and remixes from Bubu. It was back in May 2010 that I first got my blast from the DJ/Producer from southern Spain with his driving techy rolling progressive remix of Wardian's Volaverun on Flextone.

Since then there have been various originals released on Raveart Records, as well as remixes on Flextone, Scarcity and Raveart Records. The tune that made me stand up and add his name to my producers to watch was a thunderous rolling remix of Youthful Implants's Evil Twin on Flextone, a true rolling progressive breakbeat beast that will get you bouncing off the walls, featuring a lush strung out breakdown and a breathtaking drop that booms you right back into the beat.

Also released last month was another slice of rolling proggy breaks in the shape of Bubu's remix of Leuce Rhythms's Bad Brain on Scarcity Records, and finally released this week is the club friendly remix of Quadrat Beat's Dancefloor Pressure on Raveart Records, a club banger for the nu skool headz.

This is one name I will be keeping an ear on in the future, so I had a little chat with Bubu to find out what he's all about.

Youthful Implants - Evil Twin (Bubu Rmx) by Bubu Breaks SCAR17 03 Leuce Rhythms - Bad Brain (Bubu Rmx) by Bubu Breaks Quadrat Beat - Dancefloor Pressure (Bubu Rmx) OUT NOW!!! by Bubu Breaks

For the people who don’t know you, who is Bubu and what is your sound?

Bubu is a DJ and producer in southern Spain since 2000. It all started with Raveart, and everything goes through them. I find it hard to define my style in the breakbeat, but my influences are from nu-skool breaks to techno-minimal and electro, mixing in new era.

Over the last year I have been hearing some cool tracks (Flextone/Raveart) and remixes
(Scarcity/Flextone) from you on various labels. What else can we expect from you in the future?

The Flextone stamp is one of my favourite for remixes, and Raveart is my main label. For next year I have many references with Raveart, remixes of Parallax Breakz, Quadrat Beat, Boson, Macho, Starpunk and new talents. And Flextone remixes from Fletric, Parallax, Discosynthetique. But I think that I have to focus more on my new album in the future for Raveart.

What made you start producing breakbeat music?

I LOVE BREAKBEAT, since I was 15 years old and saw the videos on TV of The Prodigy, I have not stopped listening to breakbeat and in Spain the breaks parties are very very good ... I remember Mangueta Beach in Cadiz and cry …

You have a sweet progressive sound but with hard beats. What is your music set up and what is your favourite piece of kit?

In Spain people want hard beats but I try to create different pieces and explore new sounds. My favourite pieces in studio is synth surge, fm8, Moog, arturia and drum Sonic Charge. I am producing in Cubase SX with Reason 5, Kong Drum and Thor in Reason is nice!

Which producers are blowing your mind these days?

Many ... Access Denied, Elite Force, Trentemoller, Umek, D-Nox & Beckers, Pro7, Spor, Noisia & Hadouken!….

Final words to the readers and fans ...

Thanks for all people .... In the future you decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment