Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Interview: The electro-infused breakbeat flavours of Deenk

Curl & Dean's Boba continues his journey into the progressive and melodic depths of worldwide breakbeat

This week we head to Spain for a chat with Distorsion Records head honcho Deenk. In such a short time this artist has burst on to the breakbeat scene with some slamming tunes and remixes. His sound is full of melodic flavours but keeps the beats and bass gritty with a massive electro twist.

Below is just a taste of what's to come from Deenk with releases on his own label Distorsion Records as well
as Ayra Recordings and Kick It Recordings. Over the last six months he's also has hit us with some slamming remixes for Scarcity (Line of Sight & Starpunk) and Digital Sensation (MDK).


It really would be worth your time to check out this guy on Soundcloud, where you will find all previous releases and many future tasters, if you haven't already.

Deenk-Pump Feat.Mc Freeflow & Mc Kyla by Deenk
Deenk-Altea TASTE (192Kpbs) by Deenk Farace-Move on(Deenk rmx) by Deenk

For the people who don't know you, who, where and what is Deenk?

I am a DJ and producer from San Fernando (Cádiz, Spain). I am 25 years of age, began creating music back in 2001, and I have not stopped since sharing wisdom with the best producers of the breakbeat scene.

Where did the name Deenk come from?

I was looking for an original name, I stayed many afternoons turning to mind until I found Deenk. I wanted a short name, original, and catchy. Easy to pronounce and to engrave on the mind.

Tell us a bit about your background and what you do other then make breakbeat music?

I work in my spare time playing sports and looking for work, hehe ... I want to live outside of Spain to meet new people and see the world.

How long have you been making music, and what made you start producing breakbeat?

My closest friends were listening to breakbeat and I slowly got into this wonderful world back in 1995. I have been producing for about 10 years but I've been listening to music for many more years.

You have made some great remix for various breakbeat labels across the globe. What do you have in store for the future?

Hehe ... this is a question I would like to keep secret, but I tell you gladly. I'm working on collaborations with Beatman & Ludmilla, Peter Paul, Brainkiller, Farace, some MC collaborations and with labels such as Ayra Recording, iBreaks, Distorsion Records etc.

What is your Studio set up?

Some will find it weird ... hehehe. I use Fruity Loops very very retouched logically within FL, Massive, and other VSTs. Also other programs I use are Soundforge, Ableton Live, etc. I try to find sounds that are compelling and catchy. And to finish with very many samples hehe.

There is some amazing breakbeat music flying about these days. Which producers are you feeling right now and which artists have inspired you in the past?

At this time I opted for the electro house: Far To Loud, Alex Mind, Miles Dyson, Felguk, Access Denied, Elite Force, etc. There are many more. I myself attempt to merge electro house with breakbeat: I think it's an explosive mix, I like a lot. In the past I noticed Prodigy really simply. I was deeply motivated to make music like this, but eventually I changed in a radical style hehe.

Three big tunes you are feeling right now and why?

I have great admiration for the music of my colleagues and could not opt for only three songs. Miles Dyson has made me a lot and Far Too loud without a doubt, but I would say with many productions that I marked at the time.

Final words from Deenk?

Thanks for the support received from all. I have no words to describe the support you give me. Humility has to be ahead of everything we do. Let's listen to music and make this world a family. A big salute to all.

To hear more sounds from Deenk check out his Soundcloud page.

No comments:

Post a Comment